As a home or business owner, you may have instances when you need excavation contractors & construction services. But what does that actually entail? What do excavating contractors do and how can you be sure that you’re hiring the right one for the job?
This post will answer all these questions & provide some helpful tips on choosing an excavating contractor. Read on – your knowledge of excavation is about to get a serious upgrade!
What Does An Excavation Contractor’s Job Entail?
Excavation contractors are responsible for various activities, from clearing land to digging foundations to installing utilities. In short, if it involves moving earth, an excavation contractor is likely to be involved.
Of course, not all excavation contractors are created equal. Some specialize in residential projects, while others focus on commercial or industrial work. Within those categories, there are even more sub-specialties.
For example, some excavation contractors focus exclusively on excavation services related to swimming pools, while others may only work on septic systems.
What Do Excavating Contractors Do?
Excavation contractors do a lot of things, but here are ten of the most common:
- Excavate land for various purposes, such as construction or demolition
- Dig trenches for utility lines
- Excavate & grade yards for laying down asphalt or concrete
- Excavate to install septic systems
- Excavate to install swimming pools
- Excavate for home foundations
- Excavate for commercial or industrial building foundations
- Excavate to install utility lines
- Excavate to create ponds or lakes
- Provide other services related to moving earth, such as tree removal or land clearing
How To Choose An Excavation Contractor?
Now that you know a little more about what excavation contractors do, it’s time to start thinking about choosing the right one for your project.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the contractor is licensed & insured
- Ask for referrals & check online reviews
- Get a written estimate
- Ask about the contractor’s experience
- Make sure the contractor is familiar with the type of project you’re doing
- Ask about the equipment the contractor will be using
- Get a schedule for the project
- Ask about cleanup & disposal procedures
- Make sure the contractor will be available when you need them
- Ask about any other services the contractor offers
Excavation contractors can do a lot for your home or business. But with so many to choose from, it’s essential to take your time & find the right one for the job. By following the tips in this post, you can be sure you’re choosing a reputable contractor who will get the job done right.
When choosing an excavation contractor, it’s essential to ensure that they have experience with the specific type of project you’re undertaking. Excavation is a complex process & many things can go wrong if it’s not done correctly. That is why selecting an experienced contractor like JFR Construction for your excavation project will help ensure that your project is completed safely & correctly.
JFR Construction is a full-service excavation contractor serving Austin & nearby areas. We offer a wide range of services, from tree removal & land clearing to septic system installation & swimming pool excavation. No matter what your project entails, we have the experience & equipment to get it right.
If you need excavation services or construction services, please contact us today for a free quote! We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.